Application & Hiring Process
1. Submit an online application at http://my.paec.org/. Be sure to complete a classified application. (direct link - https://ats3.searchsoft.net/ats/app_login.shtml?COMPANY_ID=00012150 )
2. Create an account if one doesn’t exist. Please remember your username and password because you will need it throughout the application process.
3. Once application is complete, you can apply for Substitute Teacher job listed in available classified jobs for Liberty County. Please remember you must list three references to complete your application.
4. Complete the required online coursework at http://edtrainingcenter.com/. The cost of the training is $20.00. The training is titled INTRODUCTORY TEACHER TRAINING (for Substitute Teachers). Successful completion of the first 2 courses within the training are required.
a. Substitute Teaching 101 with a final exam score of 80% or better.
b. Advanced Classroom Management with a final exam score of 80% or better.
5. Background checks may be completed by HR staff in the Finance Department at the District Offices. The FDLE charge is $52.75 and is payable by cash or check. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and no appointment is necessary. Background/fingerprint results are usually available within 24 hours after submission to FDLE.
6. A drug test must be completed at an ArcPoint Lab either in Tallahassee or Marianna. The cost is $45.00 cash or debit/credit only. The letter authorizing this test can be obtained from the HR staff in Finance at time of fingerprinting. ArcPoint’s address, phone number and hours of operation are included in the letter.
7. Your photo for your identification badge will be taken at the time fingerprints are done.
8. After completion of fingerprinting, new hire paperwork required for enrollment in the payroll system needs to be completed. This includes documents such as W-2 and direct deposit forms. A copy of your driver’s license and social security card is also required. Please bring a VOIDED check for direct deposit purposes.
Submit all documentation listed above to Katy Gunn or Vicky Shuler.
Liberty County School District
PO Box 429
Bristol, FL 32321
Katy (850) 643-2275 ext. 352
Vicky (850) 643-2275 ext. 221